Grease Trap Service for Food Establishments
From creating menus to finding the right staff, you work hard to ensure that your restaurant and business is always running at peak efficiency with the best quality food. It is a requirement in all counties that your restaurant’s grease trap is regularly cleaned, and are to be inspected to assure compliance with all cleaning and maintenance according to code.
Our Service Areas: Manatee, Sarasota, Hillsborough, Charlotte, Pinellas, Hardee, Desoto Counties
Why Is It Important
Is it really that big of a deal to pour grease down the drain? Yes. When grease travels through your pipes it can cause problems for your business’s plumbing and the water waste management plant that your community uses. The state of Florida has created regulations and ordinances to ensure that proper grease disposal is in effect for all major businesses and restaurants. Blue Septic Tank Service, Inc. is fully trained and knowledgeable on all county ordinances regarding proper grease trap cleaning and maintenance. With quality drain line jetting we will pump out the grease trap and ensure that all grease it disposed of properly without going into the county sewer system.
You Can Reduce the Cost of Grease Trap Maintenance & Your Environmental Impact
Best Management Practices
For you to effectively reduce the amount of discharge from cooking fats, oils, and grease, the Manatee County of Florida has released the following Best Management Practices (BMPs) for food service operators to follow so you can limit your effect on the water waste.
- Post “NO GREASE” signs at wash stations and dishwashers
- Dry-wipe pots and pans to remove grease prior to washing
- Dry-wipe stoves and ventilation exhaust hoods
- Reduce use of garbage disposals
- Use water temperatures lower than 140 degrees Fahrenheit
- Recycle leftover cooking oils at an established recycling facility.
- Implement Training Programs to ensure that all staff and employees follow BMPs and why they are important
- Use sink basket strainers to capture solid food waste and dispose of it appropriately, and this will reduce the frequency of grease trap and interceptor cleaning costs
- Do not poor acids, biological agents, solvents or unknown chemicals to the wastewater collection system without having approval first.